Today I’m going over some ESSENTIAL vegan staples/snacks that really help when you are transitioning from the standard american diet and are missing certain things. The following are all the products along with links for where you can get them!* If you would like a more visual, concise version of this post, I have a video on these products on my youtube channel here . Now let’s get into this post!
1. Hot Cheetos replacement: Kurkure. I know how much you miss your hot cheetos but I can honestly say these indian, vegan alternatives are wayy better. The “Hyderabadi Hungama” Flavor is the most similar to Hot Cheetos, it is tangy and very spicy. But all the flavors are vegan so you cant go wrong with any of them! Chili Chatka is amazing too. Well actually Rajasthani also ties at number 1. And Naughty Tomato… This isnt sponsored I promise I’m actually just that addicted LOL. You can find these in any indian grocery store or online here
2. Half and Half Replacement: TJ’s Coconut Creamer. This is the best non-dairy replacement for coffee/tea/hot cocoa hands down and I can pretty much bet my life on that. Sorry for the drama LOL but this product has earned such a reaction! As much as I love almondmilk on its own there is just not a single brand that works seamlessly in coffee. Sure its fine for when you’re just trying to gulp down as much coffee as possible before an exam but as far as flavor goes, something is always funky. And dont even get me started on soy (wayy too heavy and thick), coconut milk (opposite problem, too watery! yuck) etc. You can find this at Trader Joe’s, unfortunately it is not avaiable anywhere online!
3. Whole Milk Replacement/Best non-dairy milk ever: Califia Farms Almondmilk. First of all let me preface this with the fact that I have been drinking this milk for like 3 years and have been calling it “Kalifa Farms” (yes, like Wiz Kalifa) and I only realized I’ve been reading it wrong like yesterday.
ANYWAY this stuff is the holy grail of almondmilk. The REAL deal, okay? Silk doesn’t hold a candle. I feel like all the top almond milk brands are pretty tasty on their own but as soon as you add them to tea or coffee, its like you just added water! Califa Farms is not like that. On its own, it tastes eerily similar to whole milk (without the gross sour aftertaste dairy tends to have). And adding a splash to tea and coffee actually makes your drink creamy like it’s supposed to! However, as much as I LOVE califa (seriously I’m drinking it as I type) when it comes to coffee, I would stick with TJ’s Coconut Creamer, it’s just the most similar to regular milk in terms of how it interacts with coffee/tea. Available at Wholefoods and online here.
4. Brad’s Kale Chips: Ah, nothing like a good kale chip. Seriously! I know the kale chips you made one time in your oven tasted like burnt gym socks but I promise these are totally amazing. That’s primarily because they were made by a process called air-frying so no oil here! Huge bonus. There are also a nice replacement for hot cheetos if you want more cheesiness. Kurkure are personally my first preference but they dont have a cheesy flavor so when I’m craving that umami, Brad’s Kale Chips are the go-to. You can find them at wholefoods or online. Vampire Killer is here and Nasty Hot here.
5. TJ’s Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream: The thing that reallyyyy gets me about ice cream and why I dont eat it often is because: THERE’S NEVER ENOUGH CHOCOLATE FLAVOR. I am a true chocolate addict and the whole sugary-milkiness with a drop of hershey’s syrup crap WILL NOT CUT IT. That’s why when I tell you TJ’s Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream is the real deal, believe me. It is hands down the creamiest, chocolatey ice cream ever, non-vegan ice cream included. And for those of you who hate the flavor of coconut, this really doesnt taste or smell like coconut at all! The chocolate flavor is super intense, so that’s all you’ll taste 🙂 This is only avaiable at Trader Joe’s and not online.
I hope you enjoyed this and it helped you out! Leave a comment below if you plan to try any of these vegan alternatives! Have a great day!
*These are NOT affiliate links I do not profit from them at all*
This face encapsulates exactly how I feel about vegan food. :DDD This week, on my…